The Easiest Christmas Appetizers You’ll Ever Make!
The Easiest Christmas Appetizer are Mini Caprese Skewers
The Christmas Potluck
Don’t even tell me that you don’t eat before a potluck? I do that all the time because tbh, some people are better hosts than cooks. Yea, I said it.
And people get really handsy and don’t use tongs. Like, keep your dirty, germy hands away from my food! Especially during the holidays when people are “under the influence.”
Anyway, do you ever promise to bring something to a potluck holiday dinner and then hate yourself for it? Whether it’s the kids being.. kids.. or the grocery store didn’t have the ingredients for your perfect Christmas appetizer, or you’re just too tired and mommying is all you can do right now.
Look, life happens, but promises are promises.
Easy Christmas Appetizer
And I promise you that this will be your default Christmas appetizer for family dinner or potlucks this holiday season and for years to come. Primarily because it’s an appetizer and it tastes amazing, but also because it’s so festive-looking. I mean, it just screams, “Yay, it’s Christmas!”
AND AND AND the best part is that there are toothpicks so they can’t cross contaminate.
Honestly, when it comes to bringing simplicity is key when it comes to potlucks. This has that “yum” factor while still being so pretty that it kind of makes you wonder if you want to be the first person to eat it.
But that wondering doesn’t last too long for me, because I’m usually the first person in line to eat. Before anyone gets their grimey hands all up on my chips. LOL!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 large package Cherry Tomoatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Pre-soak toothpicks.
- Rinse and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Rinse and cut basil leaves. Leave the smaller leaves in tact.
- Spread oil and balsamic vinegar on your platter. "Mix" gently with a toothpick.
- Begin assembling mini skewers in the following order: tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese.
- Lay the skewers in the pattern you desire on your platter.
- Throw a pinch of Kosher salt and crack some black pepper.
- Soaking the toothpicks makes it easier for the cheese to go on without breaking.
- When you assemble the mini skewers, make sure that the tomato is open-facing downward so it's easy to lay on your platter.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper. Once you try this, you won't have any other type of black pepper. TRUST ME.
Do you have any quick, go-to meals that you turn to for holiday potlucks or big family dinners? Let me know!
Pin It For Later
If you found this post helpful or fun, please PIN it for later or comment below. Make sure to follow me on Pinterest to see what inspires me!
You May Also Like These Christmas Posts
Mimie’s List of the 10 Quickest Baking Ideas for Christmas
Add A Comment