Toddler Christmas Activity
December starts the Christmas countdown. Well, for some, it starts the day after Thanksgiving. It’s like a light switch.
This is our first Christmas in Texas. New state, new home, new people. We do have lots of friends and family nearby, but this year, it’s new territory for us, literally.
This post contains affiliate links. This does not impact your price but I do get a small commission for any items purchased through these links. For my full disclosure, please read my disclosures and policies page here. As always, thank you for your continued support of Chatting with Chai.
We aren’t putting a Christmas tree up this year. Well, not your traditional Christmas tree anyway. We are putting up this Toddler-approved Christmas tree.
- So I’m just gonna be honest here and let you know that there is some prework here – you need to print out the FREE ornament alphabets printable and laminate that good stuff. This is the one I use and swear by!
- Okay, now that’s done. Unroll that contact paper on your dining table and get your coffee ready because you’re about to have a whole 20 minutes to yourself!
- Draw a Christmas tree on your unrolled contact paper. BAM!
- Girl, is that coffee almost ready? All you have to do is write some lower case and upper case letters on this bad boy. Only catch is that you have to write backwards. This is cause you need the sticky side of the contact paper facing you so the ornaments can stick on it. Practice writing backwards on a piece of paper if you need!
- Stick that sucker on the wall with some of this tape. Kick up your feet and enjoy that coffee from the couch, girl.
If you have different-aged kids like I do, work on matching with the younger ones. With the older ones, work on letter sounds as they do the matching.
It’s an easy DIY homeschool activity for Christmas. Good for ages 2-5, and frankly anyone that needs to learn letters and sounds!
If you’re looking for other Christmas activities, make sure to check out my 12 Days of Christmas! It’s TWELVE different activities, all completely FREE!
Make sure to pin it here for later!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my updates and be in-the-know!